This afternoon, I got the following message from my mom via text.
Call your dad.
The following conversation ensued.
Me: Hi Dad!
Dad: Hi! How's it going?
Me: Good. Dad, how are you doing?
Dad: Fine. I'm getting ready to finish my work for the season, roll hay and everything so I can take it easy.
Me: That's great.
Dad: How are the kids?
Me: They are doing fine.
Dad: Well, let me put your mom on the phone. Talk to you later. Love you.
Me: Love you too Dad.... Hey Mom!
Mom: Ask your father about his biopsy results.
Me: Uh, Dad, how did they come out. I know you were supposed to get them today.
Dad: I have cancer, baby. The doctor says he can remove it all, so it's not really a big-
Me: CANCER? You told me you were fine. That is NOT fine.
Dad: I don't feel bad. Besides, I didn't want to worry you. I'm getting treatment.
Me: But see, you need TREATMENT. Needing treatment does not equal fine. You're not fine. You have cancer.
Dad: I'm sorry. I take the 'I'm fine' back.
Me: Ok Dad.
5 comments:
Wow. I'm sorry that Luv. Praying that get it all.
Thanks!
Dang TJ, I can't type worth a dayum. I'm sorry about that. Praying that they they get it all.
My Mother gave me a bit of a scare a few months ago. Ordinarily, she spazzes, but she was unusually calm when she told me about the dimple in her breast.
I dunno. I think they figure that someone has to have a calm head about the situation, so it may as well be them.
I'm sorry. I pray that all turns out well.
Thanks Tiki and Buck!
Post a Comment